Friday 27 March 2009

A little more about Cheers

Hey Yahoo! Answers community,

Over the last few months I have received numerous emails from members of the community asking various questions about who I am. While I try to respond to all messages sent to me, I feel this blog should help clear up some loose ends.

Here are some of the most common questions I am asked while on Yahoo! Answers:

(1) Are you a member of staff ?

No, Cheers is not a member of the Yahoo! Answers team. I have simply developed a lot of information concerning Yahoo! Answers throughout my time using the service. I simply like to pass on my knowledge to help others make the most out of the community in a fairly direct manner. I feel it is important to stress that at no point did Cheers state to be a member of staff.

(2) Are you a moderator of Yahoo! Answers ?

Yahoo! Answers has no moderators. You as a member of the community help to keep the community safe by reporting unsuitable content.

(3) Why do you have no life ?

Can't quite image where this one came from, however I do have a life. I only make use of Yahoo! Answers for a few hours each day when I have spare time during university. I am a relatively quick at typing (cheers no longer copies and pastes generic answers), as such I am able to answer quite few questions each hour - maybe as much as 40 - 50 questions an hour. With just other half of these answers later being voted as the best answer, it's quite easy to rack up some points, even then just short of 80,000 points in three years is not exactly impressive.

(4) Are you a featured user ?

I was a featured user for the computers and Internet category at one point, however I have since focused my efforts on the Yahoo! Answers category. I do infrequently return to answer questions in the Internet categories and I still accept emails concerning Internet questions. I do have plans to return to the category at some point. I have also have a few questions featured by Ask Mike in the Yahoo! Answers staff blog. These can be seen here: featured questions

(5) What questions do you hate the most on Yahoo! Answers ?

I don't particularly hate any questions, however sometimes I do wish users would make better use of the Yahoo! Answers search questions feature to see if their question has been previously asked before, after all there has got to be enough information informing users how to select the best answer or how to reach level two - right ?!

(6) And finally, what answer gets on your nerves ?

I like this question, and I have to say anyone who brings up bad spelling or tells someone to use 'Google' I find somewhat annoying and may merit a thumbs down. Yahoo! Answers involves some effort after all. Otherwise, don't copy other people's answers and pass them off as your own.

If you have any questions to ask Cheers, why not send me an email - or visit my new Y! Profile Page and leave a guestbook comment.

Until next time, keep on asking and answer 'n',
Chεεrs

No comments: